Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Heretic or Dying Craft?

I know most people of whom I associate with aren't what I am: An Animist Pagan. Assuming you're not a pagan and you're reading this, that means you probably think I'm a Satanic heathen and have no other path than the one that leads straight to your hell. You have EVERY right to believe that. You can tell me what you think and I will listen with a thoughtful ear, but by gods if you do not listen to me and what I have to say, then you are no better than those who crucified your savior thousands of years ago.

Animism comes from the Latin term anima meaning "Soul Life". It is a spiritual belief that souls and spirits not only exist in humans but also in all other animals, plants, rocks natural phenomena such as thunder, geographic features such as mountains or rivers, or other entities of the natural environment. Throughout history, philosophers like Aristotle and St. Thomas Aquinas, and others, contemplated the theory that souls resided in the examples above. 


Most people automatically associate Pagans with witches and to be completely honest, that is exactly what we are in the long run. Imagine Paganism as a huge umbrella. Under it are pieces of thread and on the end of that thread there are other religions: Wicca, Gardnerian, Druidry, Neopaganism, Alchemy, Shamanism, Eclectic, Slavic, and Stav. It's JUST LIKE Christian churches having denominations. Each believes in a different way of worship than others. 


Now that I've explained all that I feel like explaining, let me tell you what I do personally.
 I worship the Goddess and the God who is her consort. I worship the earth because she gives us life and takes it away. I worship the moon because it gives us guidance through the night. I worship the sun who also gives us life and light in our darkest hour. I worship the ocean who is ever changing and gives life. I worship the faeries who bring joy and happiness to those who are in need. I DO NOT worship the devil because there isn't one to worship. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has a light and dark side. Without the light there can be no dark and vice versa. 


I do circles with my coven on Sabbats (Pagan Holidays) and spells when the need arises. Do I believe I can do whatever by casting spells? No, that's impossible, but I can use my and the earth's energy to influence things to come to fruition. I can do whatever I set my mind to. We are powerful, we are brothers and sisters, we are music makers and the dreamers of dreams. Yet, like you, we are human. 


~Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment