Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello Again Old Friend

I know I know. Long time since the last post eh? Well let me fill you in. The day after my last post Papa passed away. He fell asleep and went home to his wife and family. It was a rough few weeks after that. I still miss him. I try to get over it the best I can but only time can heal me from the loss. I don't think I'm a pitiful person if I can't get back on my feet after what happened. I mean, I lost my childhood that day and I'll never get it back. I still sleep with one of his hats because I can still feel him and smell the house on it. His belongings are being sorted through and I have many things that my aunt and uncles decided to give me. I guess there's too much of me in that house because I ended up with a ton of stuff.

Moving on, Cody came home for good yesterday. He's got a month of house arrest and six months probation. Two more classes of GED and he can get a job. Next week, he'll get his license and finally get Papa's truck. He's changed a lot since being in the boys home, but it's for the good. I can actually not worry about him now. It's like responsibility was shoved up his ass or something.

Everyone else is doing well. I've been working and coming home and working some more. Now that the weather is getting warmer I want to go out. The magnolia trees outside are in bloom and I can't wait to take pictures. I'm going to Fall Creek Falls tomorrow with Jesse, Mike and Michelle. I hope to get good photos out there. I haven't been hiking since last year. I need it.

Ostara is on the 21st. I'll post something for it in the next day or two. It's one of my favorite Sabbats and I can't wait to shed all this Winter weight off and welcome the newness of Spring.

Well Happy St. Paddy's Day and Blessed Be.

1 comment: