Monday, January 31, 2011

Hope

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Can you honestly blame me since I have nothing else to do? Anyway, my aunt showed me a map of our home place. Mostly, the place where Papa grew up. At the end of the road you end up in a hollow. It doesn't have a name. I've just grown up calling it the "holler". There you will come to the end of the road at the base of a mountain, well, what we call a mountain. It's called White Oak Flat. On top lives a woman I used to go to church with and when I was young Papa took me up there on a hiking trip. I don't remember much, but I do remember a cave with a moonshine still in it. Crawling in I remember seeing his name written on one of the walls. He showed me bluffs, lye lots, and dirt roads that haven't been traveled on in years.

I want to go back. Hopefully, Miss Pat, who lives on the mountain, will let me and Amber and Diane walk those old paths. I want to share with my two best friends what my Papa shared with me. It's a secret place. Almost untouched by man. Life and energy swirl around and swallow the place whole just about. I want us to do a photoshoot and do some meditation. Maybe we'll even camp out. I want to take them to the cave. Amber loves caves. Diane loves history. This is the perfect place for all of us. It's my utopia.


~The blue circle is where Papa grew up. Further up the road was where my grandmother lived.
~The big red circle at the top is the mountain that Miss Pat lives on. On that mountain sits the cave and moonshine still.
~The red circle at the bottom is what we call the Lye Lots. I don't know why just yet but I think that it would be a really cool place to camp.
Between the two red circles (that square looking plot of land) is called Badger's Bend. I don't know why either, but I thought it was interesting.

So that is my plan when the trees come back. I will try to get some more art up on DA between then and now. I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on with Papa until that time comes when he will no longer be with us and goes home to his family.

~Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment